Saturday, July 17, 2010

St Joseph Mustangs

July 4th weekend, we were moving & weren't sure where to watch fireworks. One of Robby's co-workers suggested going to the St Joseph Mustangs baseball game, as there were fireworks afterwards. We had been to American Family night at the Mustangs when I came up to house hunt, and thought that the kids would really like it, so we bought tickets. Well, thankfully the tickets we bought were good for any regular season Mustangs game, because it poured rain on the 4th! (By the way, the Mustangs are a summer team of college players) I happened to be looking at the Mustangs schedule, and realized that there weren't too many regular season games left! So we picked this game, because there were also fireworks after it. It was HOT!!!! That's sweat on Drew, not water!

Sweaty Abby. She wouldn't let me put her hair up in a ponytail at home, so thankfully I had some barettes in my purse and we managed to get it to go up & stay up.

Sno cones make everything better! :)

Sno cones also make blue tongues.

I got a fresh-squeezed lemonade. When I finished it, I was eating the ice. I was watching the game, and when I turned back to Abby, she had pulled the lemon out of my cup & was eating it, rind & all! She kept saying "YUM!". Crazy girl!

They have a kid's area with a swingset & bounce house. Drew kept asking to go to the bounce house, and we kept putting him off because it was in the sun, so we were waiting for the sunset. When we finally went over there, they were packing it up! To keep Drew somewhat happy, Robby told him to run up the giant hill by the kids area. While he did that, I took Abby over to look at the Mustang horses that were there. I didn't see it, but Robby said that when Drew got to the top, he immediately started to run down. Robby yelled at him to stop, but not quickly enough, because Drew slipped and slid down the muddy hill on his face. :)

The very nice people with the horses loaned him a bucket of water, and we got him cleaned up. The kids LOVED the fireworks!!! They both sat, amazed, and watched the 15 minute show (and it was WAY past bedtime at this point). It was a very fun night at the ball park! Hot, but fun. :)

No comments: